14 May 2019
BIOECONOMY Coordination - Conference
On May 14th 2019 the Conference "THE ITALIAN BIOECONOMY: A REVISED STRATEGY AND NEW ROAD MAP FOR INTENSIFYING ITS CONTRIBUTION TO THE SUSTAINABLE GROWTH OF THE COUNTRY" will take place in Rome at the Sala Polifunzionale of the Presidency of Council of Ministers.
During the Meeting, organized on the initiative of Hon. Giancarlo Giorgetti, Secretary of State at the Presidency of the Council of Ministers and Prof. Andrea Lenzi, President of the Italian National Committee for Biosafety, Biotechnologies and Sciences of Life, the Italian strategy on the Bioeconomy, and the new programme of implementation
HIGH LEVEL EVENT
THE ITALIAN BIOECONOMY: A REVISED STRATEGY AND NEW ROAD MAP FOR INTENSIFYING ITS CONTRIBUTION TO THE SUSTAINABLE GROWTH OF THE COUNTRY
Presidency of Council of Ministers, “Sala Polifunzionale”, Via Santa Maria in Via, 37. Rome.
May 14th, 10.00-13.00
Facilitator/Chair: Andrea Lenzi, President of National Committee on Biosafety, Biotechnology and Life Sciences
10.00 Introductory session *
10.10 Hon. Giancarlo Giorgetti, Secretary of State: “A revised Bioeconomy strategy and a dedicated national task force for a more effective, interconnected and sustainable growth of Bioeconomy sectors in Italy”
10.25 Hon. Ministers and Deputy Ministers from the Ministry of Agriculture, Food, Forestry and Tourism; Ministry of Education, University and Research; Ministry for the Economical Development; and Ministry of the Environment, Land and Sea
11.05 Hon. Girolamo TURANO, Vice President of XI Committee of Italian Regions: “The view of Regions”
11.20 Fabio Fava, on behalf of the national taskforce on Bioeconomy. “The revised Italian Bioeconomy strategy: main objectives and priorities, and road map”
11.40 Comments and suggestions from the EU:
- Giovanni De Santi, European Commission, DG JRC, Director of Sustainable Resources
- Waldemar Kütt, European Commission, DG RTD, Bioeconomy Directorate, Head of Strategy Unit
- Philippe Mengal, executive Director of Bio-based Industry Joint Undertaking (BBI)
12.15 Comments and suggestions from Presidents of National Technological Clusters and in particular:
- Giulia Gregori, Novamont SpA, General Secretary of the National Technology Cluster Green Chemistry SPRING
- Paolo Bonaretti, ART – ER Attrattività Ricerca Territorio, Vice President of the National Technology Cluster Agrifood CL.A.N.
- Emilio Fortunato Campana, CNR, President of the scientific Committee of the National Technology Cluster BlueGrowth BIG
12.50 General discussion